Main Menu

ESC 4v4 tourny

Started by {ESC}Bas, August 07, 2013, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{ESC}Bas

Come September, ESC will be hosting its third annual 3v3 tournament, only this time it ill take place as a 4v4. This event, as always, is mend to create some fun within the ever shrinking freezetag community. Everyone is allowed to sign up a team for the tournament. Players that are not part of a team can sign up via our forums, teams will be created from the list of single players based primarily on time zones.

It will be a freezetag tournament played on the ESC Spearhead freezetag MOD (g13ftags). The tournament will have a runtime of either 3, or 4 weeks. Dependend on the amount of teams signed up for this scrim.  However a runtime of 2 weeks is to be expected for most teams that do not progress to the finals. The designated day of play will be on Sunday at the early evenings. Exceptions may be made for teams under special circumstances, should both teams sign off on this.

Teams:
[spoiler]
To sign up a team, go to the ESC forums (www.elitesnipercorps.com) and post here: http://www.elitesnipercorps.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10655 . In this post the following information should be included:
•   Team name,
•   Team leader (with an address at which the leader can be contacted. With a maximum delay of 2 days),
•   A team leader has to be on xfire or TS mandatory during a scrim,
•   Team time zone (choices are US or Euro),
•   The names of all members of the team and one back up player.

Single players can sign up here:
http://www.elitesnipercorps.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10657
Players that have no team, and are unable to attain a team can sign up here. {ESC} will not hold itself responsible for the acting of the teammates, not will we be responsible for making teams out of this list. It is just a list from where you can find other players to play with, or find players in case your team comes up short. Please only use this topic for sign-ups.

[/spoiler]

Rules:
Tournament:
[spoiler] A team will be considered to have forfeit a match when:
•   The entire team does not show up,
•   A team leaves before the outcome of the match is certain,
•   Having only 2 players in 4v4.
•   The team does not have the minimally required amount of players 10 minutes after the starting time of the match.

Forfeiting a match gives  -1 point

If a team has forfeit 2 of their matches, they can be thrown out of the tournament by admin decision.
In case of a forfeit, the other team will receive points for victory. In case a team gets thrown out, all the results made against this team will be annulled.

In case a team has forfeit the match, the team leader is to contact {ESC}Bas withing four days  on the ESC forums. Should this not have happened, the team may be considered forfeit from the following matches, to prevent inactive teams other peoples time.

Admins hold the right to expel out any team from the tournament, should they see fit to do so due to pressing circumstances. These circumstances are at no point in time related to the scores of a team.

No players are allowed to be in multiple teams, not as a player nor a substitute. Players from teams that are no longer in the tournament are allowed to sub for another team, however they may only partake in a team once every 3 matches.

A team leader must always be reachable for contact during a match and from at least 10 minutes up front. In case the team leader is subbed during one of the scrims, the contact information for his replacement must be handed to {ESC}Bas, or the active admin for that evening, prior to the event.

In case a player his game crashes, the player may reconnect directly. If the player is not able to get back in time, a substitute may be filled in at the end of a round.

A team is not allowed to put up substitutes during the finals.

The only spectators will be the admins overseeing the scrims.

Rescheduling is only possible for exceptional reasons. The team leader can do this in conversation with an admin and the other team leader. This needs to be done as early as possible, with a deadline at least 48 hours in advance and the new match must take place within 72 hours after the initial match would have taken place.
Rescheduling may only be done if a team can't reach the minimum requirements to play.
[/spoiler]

In game:
[spoiler]
•   No hacking/cheating
•   No offensive names, language or behavior towards admins or another players (in any language).
•   No bunny hopping,
•   No drop shots/dolphin diving  (f you dive while ENGAGING someone then that is dolphine diving, if someone is running along and wants to dive behind cover, that's fine.) ,
•   All perks available are open for use.
•   No glitching (a glitch: A spot you can't be shot at but can shoot from, A spot from where you can see through walls, Any spot that is clearly outside the boundaries of the map (admin decision)) Any questionable spots should be spoken of to the admin  a day ahead of the match),
•   A team will only have 3 players in the game during life play,
•   Players are only allowed to  be substituted at the end of a round,
•   Spawncamping is allowed and to be expected,
•   Wallspamming is tolerated.

The admin overseeing the match will do a coin toss at the start of the map to see who gets to choose side S.a.s/Spetznas. [/spoiler]

Point system:
[spoiler] The first part of the point system will be within the different pools. Each team will get the opportunity to play all other teams within their pool.

Each match being composed of 3 maps, if a team wins 2 maps out of 3 it is considered winner of the encounter.

Winning a match gives 3 points.
Scoring a draw gives 1 point.
Losing a match gives 0 point.
Forfeiting a match gives -1 point

In case a team wins a match without losing a single round, a bonus point will be added, making the victory worth 4 points! [/spoiler]

Progressing to victory/Stucture
[spoiler] Each of these teams will be divided into 'pools' based on their chosen time zones. The amount of teams will dictate the amount of pools. The top teams of each pool will progress to the finals. Should there be 2 teams with the same amount of points after all the scrims are played, the individual outcome will decide who progresses. In the case of a tied individual outcome and tied total point, both teams may progress to the final rounds. [/spoiler]

Time Limit
[spoiler] One match CANNOT last more than 1 hour and a half.
If it happens, the match will be stopped and be considered a draw between the two teams, each going away with 1 point.
If the match starts in late, or there has to be a break for some reason between two maps etc... that "extra" time will not be considered as part of the 1.5 hour allowed.
The rounds will still be counted, in case we need to decide between 2 teams with the rounds difference. [/spoiler]

Scheduling:
[spoiler]A scrim takes a maximum of one hour and a half. Together with the 10 minute start delay  this means a scrim  takes a maximum of 1 hour and 40 minutes. To avoid people going into spectator on other scrims the scrims will start 2 hours after one another. Should players of a team enter the server beforehand, the admins can decide to give the team this player is a member of a punishment.

In consideration of the amount of sign ups, most matches will be planned on Sundays! In case the amount of teams are to many to plan all on one day, a Saturday may be used in exceptional cases.

Ex.
First scrims start at 18.00 hours.
Second scrims start at 10.00 hours.

So the teams will be expected to be in the servers at:
16.50 hours.
18.50 hours.

The match will end at latest at :
18.40 hours.
20.40 hours.

The players may not join the next server up until 10 minutes beforehand. [/spoiler]

Maps:
[spoiler] All maps will be picked in advance of the tournament. They will be released up to a week before these maps will come into play.

For each day of play, there will be 3 maps. So most likely any team will play any series of 3 maps up to 2 times. A direct download link for both our MOD and the maps in question will be given out as a dropbox link to those who need it.

The maps are non-negotiable, and in case you would really like to see a map come by you can send me a PM.

It will be a combination of both stock maps as well custom maps. [/spoiler]

Time table:
[spoiler]

European times
Pool 1:
            Timezone GMT (uk)
Match 1   Server 2   6 PM      Team 1/2   
Match 2   Server 6   6 PM      Team 3/4
Match 3   Server 2   8 PM      Team 1/3   
Match 4   Server 6   8 PM      Team 2/4

Second week
Match 1   Server 2   6 PM      Team 1/4   
Match 2   Server 6   6 PM      Team 2/3
Match 3   Server 2   8 PM      Team
Match 4   Server 6   8 PM      Team

American times
Pool 2
            Timezone EST
Match 3   Server 2   8 PM      Team 1/3
Match 4   Server 6   8 PM      Team 2/4

Second week
Match 1   Server 2   
Match 2   Server 6   
Match 3   Server 2   8 PM      Team 1/4
Match 4   Server 6   8 PM      Team 2/3

American times
Pool 3
            Timezone PT
Match 3   
Match 4   

Second week
Match 1   Server 2   6 PM      Team 1/3      
Match 2   Server 6   6 PM      Team 2/4
Match 3   Server 2   8 PM      Team 1/4   
Match 4   Server 6   8 PM      Team 2/3

In case more  teams are playing, the same timetable will be used for server 3 / 4. Runtime for this tournament will be 3 weeks.  The third week will be dependend of the teams that progress through to the finals. The time tabeling for these matches will be set in conversation with the teams. In case of a high amount of teams registering, the runtime for finalists may be extended to 4 weeks.

[/spoiler]

DizzyKipper

Thanks, we'll look it over.
welcome to uis m8 ,im glad ya with us
u rabbit on like a particularly verbose rabbit in the world chatty rabbit competition

{ESC}Bas

Guys sign ups have been slow so I am going past the forums te see how things are coming along. Should be expecting a team from you guys in the tourny? :)

DizzyKipper

I'm sorry we didn't get back to you sooner, I don't think we'll be able to, as Sundays we have league fixtures already and 6pm would be too early. If anything changes I'll let you know ASAP.

Wookie has some questions for you, regarding this.
u rabbit on like a particularly verbose rabbit in the world chatty rabbit competition

{ESC}Bas

Hello UiS, sorry I could not get back to you sooner, however real life has been busy. The sign ups have officially closed and I do have a spot in a Euro pool left. I am currently talking to the teams from DeD regarding this time issue. Dizzy, I will be on xfire tonight and I hope I'll be able to catch up with you. However let us leave some replies here in case we happen to miss eachother.

Your problem was with the 17.00 or the 19.00 scrim?

DizzyKipper

I think Wookie might be the lead in this, but I can tell you we have a match at 20:30 UK time on Sundays.

Wookie was sorting out the 18:00 UK time side :)

I will be on Xfire all eveing but (hopefully) we will have a battle at 20:30. You should be able to get wookie or me after the battle or before, if you are about.